11.13.2009

AMICAS PACS For Mammography at RSNA 2009

BOSTON, Nov. 12 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- AMICAS, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMCS), a leader in image and information management solutions, today announced that it will showcase the intrinsic mammography capabilities of AMICAS PACS™ at the 2009 Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) annual meeting from November 29 to December 4 in Chicago, IL. AMICAS will be in the North Hall in booth #7124.

AMICAS PACS Version 6.0 delivers intrinsic mammography workflow and visualization tools, which helps drive a solid return on investment and increased productivity for radiologists. With intrinsic mammography and high-end tools for reading all radiology studies, AMICAS PACS provides for all of a radiologist's needs in a single, Web-based workstation.

"When AMICAS was developing its intrinsic mammography capabilities, they reached out to me - and other radiologists - to ensure that their radiology PACS fits into the real world of mammography," said Randy Hicks MD, radiologist and owner of Regional Medical Imaging of Flint, MI. "AMICAS actively solicits feedback from practicing radiologists, and I have found that this collaborative process delivers a superior PACS solution for my practice."

"My practice is an ACR-certified Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, so it is important to me to be able to perform all of my reads - including digital mammography, breast MRI, breast ultrasound, BSGI, and all of my multi-modality breast biopsy images - on a single PACS workstation," said Dr. Hicks. "AMICAS has delivered a solution that improves my productivity and allows me to avoid expensive standalone workstations."

source: AMICAS

No comments: